Magento 22.214.171.124-beta1 was released today, and has some pretty nifty features. One of those is an implementation of “Minimum Advertised Price”, or MAP. Many vendors enforce restrictions on how low of a price you can show on your site, until either adding it to your cart or performing come action. Here’s how to take advantage of this feature:
First, enable MAP. It’s under Admin > System > Configuration, on the Sales tab. There’s an accordion panel titled Minimum Advertised Price. Here’s your options:
- Enable MAP – Yes / No
- Apply MAP (default value) – This is the master switch. (For some reason, I couldn’t get it working unless this was set to yes – even if it was set to yes at the product level.)
- Display actual price – This is another default setting. Your options are “In Cart”, “Before Order Confirmation”, and “On Gesture”. I’ll cover these in a minute.
- Default Popup Text Message – This is the text that will show up at the bottom of the popup when “On Gesture” is enabled.
- Default “What’s This” Message – This is the text that shows when you click the “What’s this?” link.
Under Apply Map:
- Yes – This option will apply MAP to the product page
- No – This option will cause MAP not to apply
Display Actual Price – In Cart
Display Actual Price – Before Order Confirmation
Display Actual Cart – On Gesture
Keep in mind that you shouldn’t rely on any beta functionality as it may go away in the stable version!